New Service

Do You Own a Bare Piece of Land And Want Electric Service or Want to Move the Existing Power Line? Trinity PUD makes it as easy as possible.

The first step you need to do is to contact the Trinity County Building Department at (530) 623-1354 to discuss obtaining an electrical permit. After contacting the Building Department call our office at (530) 623-5537 to set up an appointment to discuss your plans. Please bring the completed Line Extension Request Form to your appointment. Once we have discussed your plans and visited the construction site, a Contract will be prepared with a drawing of the proposed installation/relocation.

If an easement is required, the Easement form will also be provided with a list of surveyors in Trinity County. The signed Contract, Easement (if required), Application for Service, and payment will need to be received in our office prior to scheduling one of our line crews to install/relocate your electricity. One important part is that Trinity PUD cannot install the electric power until the Trinity County Building Department has inspected and approved your electrical panel.

Please print and fill out the form and bring it with you at the time of your appointment.

Line Extension Request Form (PDF)

Back to Top