Latest Notifications

Connecting or Transferring Service

To request electrical service in your name at a new or existing location, please submit Proof of Ownership or a current Rental Agreement (which includes physical location of property, renters name(s) and signature of Property Owner and Tennant), along with a completed Application for Service to

Please contact the District office to speak with a Customer Services Representative at (530) 623-5536 after submitting your documents or include a phone number you can be contacted at in the body of your e-mail. Service connections and/or transfers must be completed during normal business hours.

Introducing SmartHub!

Manage your account like never before. SmartHub has several features that make managing your account as easy as possible.

Learn More

NEW Electric Service Installation, Relocation or Upgrade (Line Extensions)

To request a service upgrade, or installation of electric service to a property or building that does not have existing service, please visit our Construction page. Please call 530-623-5537 for more information about line extensions.

Call 811 Before You Dig!

CMUA water and power leadership.

Taking Action to Stop Wildfire in
the Forest

Paul Hauser, general manager of Trinity Public Utilities District in Weaverville, Calif. For many years, Trinity PUD has been looking at ways to reduce the threat of fires in its service area, which is located on heavily forested and sparsely populated land in Northern California. With California's 2020 fire season shattering records, there's new urgency to take action. Trinity PUD is embarking on an innovative pilot project.

Listen Now

Wildfire Risk Reduction, Reliability, and Asset Protection (WRAP) Project

Wildfire Risk Reduction, Reliability, and Asset Protection (WRAP) Project

The areas surrounding WAPA and Trinity PUD's systems are particularly vulnerable to fire risk due to the dense vegetation and steep terrain. This proposed WRAP project would reduce fire risk by expanding existing transmission/distribution rights-of-way (ROWs) on US Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, and private lands and implementing a proactive integrated vegetation management program within the expanded ROWs.

Cartoon hand holding a mobile phone with a PG&E safety notification alert

Public Safety Power Shutoff ZIP Code Alerts

Approximately 340 Trinity PUD customers who are served by the Big Bar, Hyampom, Grouse Creek, and Forest Glen substations may be affected when PG&E conducts a Public Safety Power Shut-off.

Did you know that you can receive Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) event notifications even if you are not a PG&E account holder?

This means that you can be notified of potential public safety outages impacting you, your workplace, or the home of a friend or loved one, which may help you both prepare and stay safe.

Enroll by calling 1-800-743-5002 or by logging on to

Login to PG&E

To Report a Power Outage or Obtain Outage Information Please Call

(530) 623-5536 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

General Manager's Message


Effective March 16, 2020, Trinity Public Utilities District has closed its office to the public in an effort to minimize unnecessary contact and exposure to COVID-19. Our office will remain closed to the public until further notice, and we will continue to monitor guidance issued by the CDC as well as our local health department.

This weighty decision has been made out of an abundance of caution for our staff, customers and communities. We recognize our responsibility to maintain a vital service and take that responsibility and the health and safety our residents seriously.

Customers who would like to set up online account management, which includes the ability to pay your bill, view account information, update contact information and receive notifications, are encouraged to visit our website at If you require assistance with this process, please contact our office at 530-623-5536.

Customers may continue to make payments via check or money order utilizing the Drop Box located in our parking lot, at Ernie’s in Hayfork, or via US Mail. Credit card payments are accepted online, or over the phone with assistance from our staff.

We appreciate your understanding and hope that our communities remain healthy and safe.

Paul Hauser
General Manager

Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.102 - Do Not Sell My Personal Information