Skip to Content
Electrician working on electrical wiring with a multimeter

Construction Services Planning to Remodel or Upgrade Your Electric Service?

Skip to Sidebar

New Service / Service Relocation

Do you own a bare piece of land and want electric service, or want to move an existing service? Trinity PUD makes it as easy as possible.

The first step is to contact the Trinity County Building Department at (530) 623-1354 to discuss obtaining an electrical permit. After contacting the Building Department and confirming that a permit can be issued for the proposed work, please complete the Line Extension Request Form below, and submit via:

  • Email to; or
  • US Mail to PO Box 1216, Weaverville, CA 96093; or
  • Hand deliver to our office at 26 Ponderosa Way, Weaverville, CA during normal business hours

Upon receipt of a completed Line Extension Request Form we will contact you to schedule a site visit. Following the site visit, a Contract, including a cost and a drawing of the proposed line extension will be prepared. If an easement is required, an Easement Form will also be provided to you, with a list of surveyors in Trinity County.

The signed Contract, Easement (if required), Application for Service and payment must be received by our office prior to scheduling a line crew for the work. Please note – Trinity PUD cannot connect the electric service until the Trinity County Building Department has inspected and approved your electrical panel.

Title 24 Assistance Policy (PDF)

Line Extension Request Form (PDF)

Connection, Line Extension and Customer Requested Construction Fees (PDF)